• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 luvmybees24

luvmybees24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

Ok so I have depression issues. The past year I have felt fine so I stopped taking my Prozac (I had only been taking it for periods of time the past 3  years or so). I have felt totally happy even AFTER I found out I have CML. Now I'm starting to spiral back into depression and it's ticking me off because I HATE taking anti-depressants. Anyhow, I'll ask my oncologist Thursday but can you take Prozac with Tasigna? Also can you take Tylenol 3 with Prozac? That's like the only thing that will help any pain I have since I can't take ibuprofen or Aleve. I am trying to deal with it and hope it just goes away but it's not. I really need therapy, not drugs, but I have no health insurance, bills up the wazoo, the hospital hasn't even SUBMITTED my Medicaid application from DECEMBER so I have to re-do it myself and I don't want to see STUDENTS that work in therapy. I want to see an actual licensed therapist and have no damn insurance. UGH

#2 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

Dear Lb 24,

Prozac, or any anti-depressant is almost required when you get cml. I take wellbutrin, and cymbalta. I have Xanax for Panic Attacks. If one of your meds can cause a reaction your Pharmacist will let you know right away, and call your Dr. for another med. I'm a trainwreck and I hate to take pills but I have to take 13 pills a day because of health problems. So just double check with doc and pharmacist (I always do) . And take what you need.

Billie

#3 WoofWoof

WoofWoof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

I've always found the Drug Interactions checker at drugs.com to be most helpful

http://www.drugs.com...5-12475,48-8460

I have cancer but it doesn't have me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users