• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 idahobeavers

idahobeavers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

sorry but i have been not feeling well,so its been awhile since i have been on here. well i have been on sprycel 1oo for 2 weeks now and there has been NO change. im gettind a little worried here. had a blood draw today it has not changed not worse but not better either. how long does it usually take to see a difference ?

#2 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

Hi Sarah,

I am sorry you are not feeling well.  My beginning with Sprycel was not great either.  It took a Sprycel and Hydrea before I started to show improvement.  The first two weeks my platelets continued to go up and my white count did not move much up or down.  There will be many people who will give you good information, many have individual experience with the up and down of TKI's.  That being said, one of the things I have read over and over again is the fact it sometimes takes a bit for everything to kick in, and the TKI to work.  What is your doctor saying about your results?  I completely dislike the worry that comes with this disease, well any disease I guess, but we deal with this one.  Take a deep breath, you deserve it. 
Pam

#3 idahobeavers

idahobeavers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

when i saw her today she was very disappointed thet it showed no improvement. i am waiting for osuh to call me so i can see the dr there. and we are hoping he might have a idea on how to treat me. as i have cml+ph with mds. so my case is rather complicated lol

#4 leejaytn

leejaytn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

Hi Sarah,

I was diagnosed at the end of Nov2011. I took the Hydrea for a couple of weeks and then added Sprycel.  It took a few weeks to see an improvement. It will come. 

#5 idahobeavers

idahobeavers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

ok thank you! dr and i was just hoping to see a improvement but i am still hopeful

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users