• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 luvmybees24

luvmybees24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

Do you ever miss a dose? I have missed 4 in the 3 months I have been on Tasigna. Last week I forgot not to eat and it was too late to stay up another 2 hours to take the pill and I didn't want to wake up in the middle of the night to take it, so I just skipped it. Ooops...

Laura.

#2 NotJack?

NotJack?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

Yes, I have missed several.  No probs, but I try not to make a habit of it.  If I know that I am going to have a timing issue because of work or play, I take it early --  as long as I am past the 8 hour window and have the 2 hour cushion.  I think that it is better to miss 1 dose than risk the food effect, but I would ask your onc to be sure.  Thats just me.  Then I just start the next blister pack from the bottom instead of the top(or vise versa).

Jack

#3 KerriD

KerriD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

I have missed a few times without any issue.  I take it at 10am and 10pm so no eating from 8-11.  Which works pretty well for me.  I missed a dose today because I got to work today and realized I had forgotten to put my Tasigna in my purse this morning....the foggy brain is my worst side effect!  My kids say I had the foggy brain before the CML

#4 Taylor

Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

I don't forget, but occasionally something happens.  Sunday mornings are hard for me with Mass in the mid morning with sometimes being asked to go to breakfast afterward, but I still make most of those.  Sometimes I forget to bring my pills to work.  Sometimes I drop a pill on a floor that I know is very dirty.  But all of those instances total 1-2 times a month.  I reached PCRU in 7 months though so I am not super worried.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users