• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 luvmybees24

luvmybees24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

I had a bone marrow biopsy (sedated, thank GOD) on 11/14/11 and my hip STILL hurts from time to time. Not enough to make me not want to walk but it still aches. I worry it will finally heal in time for my next one in May. I am really overweight and I know they had trouble getting it and had to go in twice but this sucks. Anyone else's hip hurt months after? Will they do the biopsy in the same hip? Bc I'd rather have just one hip hurt than both. He asked me the first time which hip I wanted it in and I said "whatever works for you" I hope I can choose this time because the right hip works best for the way I like to sleep, etc.

Laura.

#2 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

Laura

I wonder if they did not touch a nerve ( am sure there is a technical medical term for this possibility), if so, it takes a long time to heal.  Once I agreed to have a shot given to me in the thigh, I had pain for months, the doctor explained they hit a nerve.  Needless to say I never agreed to have a shot administered in the leg again.  I am sure other members will have insight for you.  I hope you begin to feel better soon.

Pam

#3 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:46 PM

Hi, Laura. . .sorry to hear that your BMB was (and still is) so unpleasant.  I'm one of the lucky folks who seem to have a very high pain tolerance, so my BMBs haven't been that bothersome (though certainly not pleasant!).  My first one was on my right hip.  The second one was on the left, simply because that's the way the table was oriented in the room.  I should have asked to have him switch the table around.  My left butt-cheek has a spot that is incredibly ticklish, and every time he hit that spot, my butt cheek would twitch.  The doc would apologize, and I'd apologize.  I don't know how many times we both said, "sorry about that" during the procedure, but it was pretty comical (at least it was to me).  I will definitely remember that from now on I am a right butt-cheek BMB kind of girl!

Hope yours heals up soon.  Mine was pretty tender for quite awhile after the first BMB, and I got a huge lump, like a calcium deposit or something.  The second one was a total piece of cake.  If I'd have known it would be that easy, I'd have ridden the motorcycle to the appointment.

Marnie

#4 pamsouth

pamsouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

SCIATICA AND SCIATIC NERVE PAIN

Description of Sciatica

Sciatica

Sciatica is a general term that describes the collection of symptoms that can arise when the sciatic nerve - which runs from the base of the spine and down through both legs - is compressed. Compression of the sciatic nerve can lead to pain that originates in the lower back and travels through the buttocks, legs, and feet. In addition to pain, other symptoms like cramping, muscle weakness, tingling, and numbness may follow the course of the sciatic nerve. More often than not, sciatica occurs on one side of the body, but it can affect both sides

The largest nerve in the body, the sciatic nerve is about an inch wide and is comprised of multiple spinal nerves. Sciatica arises when this nerve is being pinched - either by a herniated disc or a bone spur - in the area where the nerve exits the spinal column in the lower back.

Most treatments for sciatica are nonsurgical and may include rest, special exercises, physical therapy, and medication. Typically, however, these conservative treatments only provide temporary relief, leading some patients to explore surgery as an option. Today, sciatica can be healed through safe and effective endoscopic procedures, making traditional, massively invasive, open back surgeries unnecessary.

PamSouth

#5 luvmybees24

luvmybees24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

ive had sciatia. This isn't it. This is sharp pain or aching right where the needle went in.

#6 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

Hello again, I just responded to another of your posts!  Anyway, I have pain in the spot of my last BMB.  It was a hard one where my onc had to dig around a lot.  And I got mine in early Nov. too.  I think for some, it just takes a while to heal.  The pain from every one but my first seemed to linger.  It should go away before your next one!  I know, not much consolation...   If it makes you feel better, I have scars still from my last procedures (I am very fair).  Anyway, I had a pefectly placed two eyes and a nose, or the beinnings of a smiley face on my behind until the next two messed it up for me.  Wish they could do it below the bikini line.  Oh well, like I am going to wear a bikini any time soon.

Hope the pain goes away fast,

Tedsey

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users