• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Taylor

Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

Okay, so, this is probably since I'm a guy, but I just noticed something with my hair.  It simply doesn't look "healthy".  It took me a while to put my finger on this term.

I've been on Tasigna almost a year, and in the summer I started noticing the pimples on the scalp, as well as other little bumps and gunk like that.  In September, my hair started to thin and it's gotten decently thin and even a bit patchy.

I realize all that is common to TKIs, but the hair I have just looks kinda bad now.  Is that normal, or do I need to start using my wife's conditioner?  It at least has a good orange smell, so I wouldn't mind...

#2 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:01 PM

Conditioner won't help with that.  If you have pimples (in grown hairs), you'll need a medicated shampoo, salicylic acid would work for pimples. If it is eczema- like, you'll need something else.  My dd has a orangey-brown residue on her scalp, just oils that solidify rather than stay liquid.  It's a lot like cradle cap that babies get.  Anyway, she needs Selsun Blue with selenium sulfide.

So you might need to try a few different products or see a doc if there are scalp/skin/follicle issues.

Traci

#3 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:03 PM

Hi,

I also started using a medicated shampoo, and it has helped with the blocked hair follicles, but my hair is still falling out.  My part is getting wider and there are definite thin spots on the left side of my head.  I have decided to ignore the side effect, would rather have no hair than be sick, but it still is a vanity issue, at least for me, and I sympathize.  Best of luck!

Pam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users