49 replies to this topic

#41 NotJack?

NotJack?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:10 AM

Hey Charlie,

Also a Badger to blame here!  Worse yet,  my son is a Bulldog (UM-Duluth).  The only insurmountable problem that I have with Tasigna is how to deal with all of the oval shaped chads from the blister cards.  I tried folding them in half the long way and using them as back-firing tiddley winks and shooting them into cups.  Making jewelry out of them.  Seeing how high that I can stack them.  But no matter what I do, they turn up everywhere! Even though I have tried to contain them, they are taking over my life!

Jack

#42 Laila98

Laila98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

I live in MI as well, do you like being on tasigna, do it work for you?? I just got diagnosed

#43 NotJack?

NotJack?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

Hi Laila,

Tasigna works well with me, and the side effects are not bad in my case.  I am sorry that you have CML, but happy to welcome you!  Jack

Jack

#44 Laila98

Laila98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

Thanks Jack! I'm glad is working for you. I'll be on 800 mg a day so hopefully it will for me too.

#45 cwade61

cwade61

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:57 AM

Hi Laila, I was diagnosed about a month ago and I've been on Tasigna for a little over two weeks. The first week I felt like crap, but I'm not sure if it was because of the meds or just because I recently found out I had cancer. So far my WBC has dropped, and hopefully it will keep doing that. Get ahold of me if you have any questions or just want to talk! You can PM me for a link to my facebook, and there might actually already be a link on my profile.

Charlie

P.S. I live in Kalamazoo and I grew up in Muskegon, you?

#46 cwade61

cwade61

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:01 AM

Jack,

Just wanted you to know a few things: First off, I wasn't being sarcastic when I was thanking the Badgers for beating Michigan State. I'm a die hard Wolverine with too many State fans as friends. Secondly, I have already accumulated an outstanding number of chads on my kitchen/living room/bedroom/bathroom floors. Send me your mailing address and I'll be sure to send you my extras.

#47 NotJack?

NotJack?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

Thanks Charlie!  Are you sure? I would feel pretty bad taking your collection!  Man, I just picked another two off my sock!  Tell you what, I'll color them gold and purple and send them your way!

Jack

#48 NotJack?

NotJack?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:25 AM

You will be just fine, just take time when you can to educate yourself on this site, and don't be afraid to share and vent occasionally, just remember that these drugs work well, others are being developed, and a vaccine is in trial.  The first couple of months are scary, but things will smooth themselves out after that.  Jack

Jack

#49 Laila98

Laila98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

Hey Charlie, thanks for the inventation to message you with any questions. I will most likely take you up on that. I kinda just have a lot of omg shock going on and it's scary. i've felt like crap for a while now so it was no surprise when they said I was sick, I didn't expect leukemia but I knew something wasn't right,.. Feel free to message me as well, and I grew up in Schoolcraft and live in Coldwater now... Small world

#50 Laila98

Laila98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

Thanks Jack makes me feel a little better knowing it get's a little easier...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users