• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jstevens11

jstevens11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:03 AM

Has anybody come across a solution to the brain fog that you get when taking Gleevec? It's very frustrating!

#2 jrsboo

jrsboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:01 PM

Dear John,

My brain fog was so bad I actually got tested at the brain injury clinic at the local university.  It is real.  Not my imagination.  There are large holes in my thinking. 

I have found that playing puzzle games or word games on the internet helps.  I play a game called word twist (it is just playing boggle against the computer) and that has helped a great deal.  Also lots of different card games on the internet, not just regular solitaire, fancy kinds where you have to learn new rules to play.

I think this is kind of what the university was going to suggest if I went back for the therapy they recommended.  So I just did it on my own.  I do believe it has helped.  I play them for about an hour a day (not all at once) in little spurts to pick up the brain power a bit.

I also find that the fog is worse the more I push past where I should have just gone and sat on the couch for 20 minutes watching mindless tv.  If I remember not to push myself too hard, I can get through the day with maybe only 2 or 3 20 minute breaks. 

But that is the best I can offer.  Games to perk you up and rest to allow you to catch up.

Caroline

#3 dennyzb

dennyzb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

Dear John,

Yes, Gleevec fog is very real.

#4 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:49 PM

Hi:  I have been on Gleevec for so many years, and I think I just got use to the Brain Fog. I usually go do something else,and then I will remember what is was I forgot.  Sometimes I just think I am ditzy as they say, or just getting older.

I actually have stopped trying to figure it out anymore.  I have good days and bad days, and I find a lot of times its just brain overload and maybe not related to my Gleevec at all.  When  you have a active life, or things just seem to be in turmoil all the time its hard to remember everything.  I think the best thing is not to dwell on it, or you make it worse.

Susan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users