• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dina

Dina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

My face is so dry no matter how many times a day I apply cream/moisturizer, it just doesn't get any better.

It's so dry that it feels like that I have a facial mask constantly, when I smile I can feel how dry it is.

Every single cream that I've tried so far makes it even worse, I really miss those days when people used to give me

nice compliments about my skin.

Also, some bumps would show and won't go away. Ahh I hate my face now.

If anyone please could give me some good cream recommendation I would be very thankful.

I'm on Tasigna.

Dina

#2 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

Hi Dina,

My face was extremely dry on Gleevec. I use Cera Ve moisturizing lotion, with the blue and white label, which helps somewhat. Do you have any flaking? My skin was flaking off so I went to the dermatologist and it turned  out I developed seborrhea from Gleevec, it wasn't just dry skin. If anyone else has any suggestions for dry skin, something non-comedogenic I'd love to hear it also.

Judy

#3 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:46 PM

Hi Dina,

I'm on Gleevec and take fish oil - it is supposed to help with the thinning skin, but I also think it helps with dry skin.

#4 Lori's okay

Lori's okay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationWashington DC area

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

HI Dina,

I'm fairly new here.  I've been on Tasigna for only 6 weeks, also have very dry skin especially on my face and scalp. You said you feel it when you smile, I really feel it when I yawn, which I do A LOT lately!!

I'm finding that drinking tons of water helps me.  And, have found a cream I like at Whole Foods:  "Skin Food" by Weleda.  Don't know if it is non-comedogenic.  It is also scented with some citrus based essential oils, but my doctor doesn't think that should be a problem.  My improvement feels partly from the water and cream, and partly from passage of time/body becoming used to the medicine.

Hope you find something that helps!

Lori

DX 09-2011 PCR 8.08 not IS WBC 17 , Began Tasigna 600mg  

in 2012 Tasigna 450mg/day ,in 2013-2017 Tasigna 300mg/day

DATE/PCR

09-11/ 8.08 not IS

03-12/ 0.054 not IS

06-12/ 0.035 not IS

09-12/ PCRU, 01-13/ PCRU

4-13/ 0.042 IS

7-13/ 0.014 IS

11-13/ PCRU, 04-14/ PCRU

8-14/ 0.006 IS

PCRU: 12-14/ 05-15/ 10-15/ 02-16/ 

09-16/ 02-17/ 09-17/ 

10-17 tapered off 

11-3-17 Stopped Tasigna

1-15-18 still PCRU

#5 ChrisC

ChrisC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:56 PM

Hi Dina,

Just the other day a friend was telling me that she has begun putting honey on her face for 5 minutes, as she brushes her teeth, etc., then rinses it off, and in a very short time (days? couple of weeks at most) her face has gone from dry and scratchy to so very soft. I asked what kind of honey, and she said "the cheap honey bear one."

Maybe give it a try? Good luck,

ChrisC

Be alert, but not overly concerned.

• Dx Oct. 22, 2008, WBC 459k, in ICU for 2 days + in hospital 1 week

• Leukapheresis for 1 week, to reduce WBC (wasn't given Hydroxyurea)

• Oct. 28, 2008: CML confirmed, start Gleevec 400mg

• Oct. 31, 2008: sent home when WBC reached 121k

• On/off, reduced dose Gleevec for 7 months

• April 2009: Started Sprycel 100mg

• Sept. 2009: PCRU 0.000

• Sept. 2011: after 2 years steady PCRU & taking Sprycel 100mg before bed, quit Sprycel (with permission)

• Currently: still steady PCRU, testing every 6 months 🤗

— Fatigue, hearing loss continue, alas, but I prefer to think it is all getting better!

#6 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

Hi:  Lot of good responses for dry skin.  I think its that time of year also, and where you live.  Its been pretty cold here in New Jersey for us lately.  I have never had trouble with dry skin on my face, but as I am getting older I can see I need something.  I use Oil of Olay under my make-up, and I have a real cheap over the counter moisturizer that I apply on my face at night before I go to bed if I feel my face is dry.  I put it on my face and down my neck also.  I just think I am getting old.  I just turned 64 in Nov.  I have always had a very clear and soft skin, and I do see changes now.

I am on Gleevec, but cannot seem to connect the two things.

Susan

#7 luvmybees24

luvmybees24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

When did you first notice the dry skin? I have been on it about 2 months and just now my skin is extremely dry and my scalp itches. I'm not sure if it's the medication or the winter weather ( I live in Michigan) . I'm ok with just putting lotion on after a bath and applying it every time I wash my hands. My scalp is driving me crazy though! I used Head and Shoulders today and that seemed to help.

#8 Dina

Dina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:21 AM

Hey guys thank you so much for your responses,

I've never had any skin issues before so I know for sure that it is from the medicine. It started about the same time.

I dont have any flaking, it just feel so dry while every other day I would get some annoying bumps on my face,

as soon as the one is healed/gone then another one pops up. I look like a teenager again!

I've tried so many organic/natural creams already that only

made it worse, I will also dry some of your suggestions and see if that helps.

For the last few days I was using Cetaphil Moisturizing cream, wish I could find one and stay with something organic but

had no luck in finding a good one that worked for me.

All my life I used Nivea and was always perfect for me.

Thanks~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users