• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 grannyd

grannyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

Hi everyone--it was one year Jan.10th since I was diagnosed with CML. Just had my one year PCR test done at Cleveland Clinic Tuesday, Jan. 17th--Dr. called me this morning at 7:30 to give me the good news that I am still CMR-!!!!!! It has been a year of up & downs--lots anxiety, but to think where I was a year ago, I have come a long way. I have been on tasigna since Feb. 1st 2010, it has been a great medicine for me.I reached CMR 5 months after starting tasigna & hope to be able to stay with it. I will have to schedule a BMB, it is the hospital protocal to have one after the 1st year. I just wanted to thank everyone on this board for all the encouragement that I have been given since first being diagnosed--what a great group of caring people!!!! I have been battling bronchitis & sinus infection since the first week of Dec. &  hopefully reaching the end of it. It has lasted so long, never had it this bad, taken antibiotics, mucinex, & now a nasal spray with cortisone. I just wanted to post this so newcomers & everyone knows how lucky we are to have these wonderful TKI's to fight this battle we are all in. My prayers to everyone for a healthy new year!!! and to thank My Lord for all he is to me & for putting me in touch with all of you!!!  prayers to all, granny d

#2 grannyd

grannyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:04 AM

Sorry ---I typed the wrong year of diagnosis--it was 2011---I apologize for that--granny d

#3 BY196

BY196

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

Granny D we share the exact same date of diagnosis. That day was such a blur I can't really remember it very well.  Congrats on your CMR! 

I have Cleveland roots as well--born at Euclid General and lived in Cleveland Heights when little.  Then we moved across the border to NW PA near at least two of the other ladies on this board.

Beth

#4 grannyd

grannyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

Thank you Beth!! That is so strange to have been both been diagnosed the same day!!! I know what you mean about the day being a blur---my husband had to stay home from work with me for a week after!!!! All the people on this board said it would get better with time, I thought never---the people are so great --they know what we are going thru---I live about 2 hours south of Cleveland--just below Salem Ohio, I have my oncologists I see monthly here & go to Cleveland every 3 months to see one that deals only with leukemia--they are great up there-- take care & I hope you are doing well!! granny d

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users