Photo

Upward trend? Or statistically insignificant?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:16 PM

Hi Marnie,

I'm glad it was the way they were doing the test results and nothing else. I echo everyone's thoughts - I think teachers and nurses are special people, unfortunately it is not recognized in their pay scales.

#22 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:30 PM

Susan and Gerry. . .

You need to get your mammos done where I have mine!!  The place is gorgeous.  It looks like a spa.  In the waiting area, they serve you coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.  Then they take you into the gorgeously decorated room with soft music and they bring you a heated robe (I'm not kidding!!).  Then you go in to get mashed, and the lady who does the mashing is fabulous.  Today, after I apologized for not giving her much breast to work with, she assured me that the French people say that if you have enough to fit in a champaigne glass, you are perfect!  Yeehaa!  I am perfect!! ( I need to learn how to spell champaigne-- that doesn't look right)

Marnie

#23 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:59 PM

Susan,

Best of luck tomorrow, will be thinking of you.

Pam

#24 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:01 PM

Gerry,

I would check with my doctor about waiting till 50 for a mammogram.  I had to have one at 40, 45, and now every year (and I am really behind) so they had a baseline as I grow older.  Sorry

Pam

#25 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:02 PM

Oh no, I am horribly imperfect!

#26 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:12 PM

And I am jealous!!

#27 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

Wine glasses are much more refined than watermelons.

#28 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:23 PM

But neither appreciated nor admired as much. . .

#29 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:32 PM

Hi Pam,

Here is Aus they've set 50 as the age group that you must get a mammogram, unless you have breast cancer running in your family. My GP and I had a chat about it last visit, she is happy for me to wait till I'm 50. My next test will be a Pap Smear - had a low grade abnormal one last time, so am waiting for six moths (March) to get the next one done. Apparently it takes six months for the virus to settle down (if it is going to). I think the Gleevec probably caused the abnormal result as it does some odd things to my skin, so figured there might be something going on prior to my last pap smear.

#30 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:03 PM

Marnie,

Am so jealous of the place you get yours done at - a heated robe wow, the most I'll be hoping for is that the air conditioning isn't set too low when I have to strip off. LOL

#31 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

Marnie,

Glad to hear the uptick was due to the IS conversion factor.  Too bad you had a few days of worry because of it.

Man, you are a glutton for punishment, scheduling 3 appts in one day. Although, your mammo really doesn't sound like punishment. Have you ever tried just going there and getting in a jonnie just to hang out?   Could be a whole new business opportunity for an enterprising individual.  Call it Mammo Spa & Cafe, ha!

Traci

#32 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:32 PM

Hi Marnie and Susan,

Marnie, I am so glad your PCR number was due to the change to the international scale. I can't believe the place where you get your mammorgam has heated robes. That's cool or in this case hot!!!

Susan, please keep us posted on your PCR result. I have my fingers crossed.

Judy

#33 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

They serve you coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.  Then they take you into the gorgeously decorated room with soft music and they bring you a heated robe (I'm not kidding!!).  Then you go in to get mashed, and the lady who does the mashing is fabulous.

I go to a place where the floors are commercial gray tile, the walls are cement block, the machine looks older than I am, and the draft is so serious my teeth chatter in the winter months and the summer it is so blistering hot you roast while getting mashed.  I guess in Podunk they have not discovered the finesse of mammography and how females should be pampered, even while we are flattening the mass of our bosoms with a mechanical device to be healthier.

#34 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

Alas Gerry although no breast cancer history I am aware of, I have been getting mashed since I turned 40. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users