Photo

i was recently diagnosed with both cml and cll. has anyone else had a similar diagnosis? does anyone have any info about how one affects the other?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jam51

jam51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:47 PM

i  was recently diagnosedwith both cml andcll.hasanyoneou therehad a similardiagnosis? it's really hard to find  any info about the course of such a dual preseentation.

#2 jjg

jjg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

Hi Jeffrey, Welcome to the boards. I think you're a pretty rare one with having both CML & CLL. Unfortunately I can't really help you much with info but just wanted to say hi and certainly this is a good place to find help with side effects of the CML treatment.

What treatment are you on and how are you going?

Hopefully Trey or somebody else knowledgeable will come in and provide some insight for you.

Josie

Dx Dec 2010 @37

2x IVF egg collection

Glivec 600 & 800mg

PCRU March 2012

Unsuccessful pregnancy attempt - relapsed, 3 months interferon (intron A), bad side effects from interferon

Nilotinib 600mg Oct 2012

PCRU April 2013, 2 years MR4.5 mostly PCRU with a few blips

April 2015 stopped again for pregnancy attempt (donor egg), pregnant first transfer, 0.110 at 10wks, 2.1 at 14wks, 4.2 at 16wks, started interferon, slow dose increase to 25MIU per wk, at full dose PCR< 1 for remainder of pregnancy

Healthy baby girl Jan 2016, breastfed one month

Nilotinib 600mg Feb 2016

MMR May 2016

PCRU Feb 2017

#3 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

Very rare.  If the CLL is in early stages, the docs will likely treat the CML with a TKI drug and watch the CLL.  What type of CLL do you have?  Do you have any chromosome mutations besides the Philadelphia Chromosome, such as mutations in chromosomes 11, 12, 13, or 17?  Other info would be helpful to better respond.

http://www.annclinla...t/full/38/4/405

#4 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

I posed a similar question to my onc at diagnosis. His answer was that you only get one blood cancer at a time.  How hard and fast a rule that is, I don't know. But if it were me, I'd get a second opinion, just to confirm.

Traci

#5 pamsouth

pamsouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:04 AM

That is interesting, my previous onc said I was lucky to have only one cancer, as many of her patients had multiply cancer.  Now I did not think to ask if they had more then 1 cancer at the same time.

pamSouth

PamSouth

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users