Photo

Kedem Pharmaceuticals Initiates Development of Sublingual Anti-Cancer Drug, Gleevec®

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:48am EST

PHOENIX,, Jan. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Kedem Pharmaceuticals Inc. (OTCBB: KDMP), a specialty pharmaceutical company with focus on sublingual drug delivery system is pleased to announce that has initiated the development of Gleevec®. Gleevec® is an important anti-cancer drug for the treatment of several blood related cancers in children and adults. In children the drug has demonstrated a powerful action against Chronic Myeloid Leukemia, possibly one of the most prescribed drugs for this condition. The drug is administered orally and in children there is a significant issue in getting the drug swallowed, due to size of the pill and bad taste. Our sublingual formulation with taste masking features makes the drug acceptable and pleasant in taste for the children with chronic dosage requirements.

#2 John

John

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

Great news...

Yummy Gleevec!

#3 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

Yknow, when I first read that, I thought how silly?  Who needs that?   But when I read further that it was intended for kids, I can totally appreciate it.  My 9 yo can't swallow a 10 mg zyrtec pill, I find her hiding them all over the house. Yikes, I can't imagine that kid taking 400 mg or even 100 mg pills!  I can deal with her missing an allergy pill here and there, but if she fought me on taking chemo, I'd be a wreck!  My hearts out to all the parents with little kids with serious diseases. Tough row to hoe.

Traci

#4 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

This is actually bogus.  The company has no revenues, no products -- just selling stock at 12 cents a share and trying to boost it.  Who thinks that Novartis would license Gleevec to this bogus firm?  Never will happen. 

#5 John

John

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:55 PM

Once again Trey provides a good reality check, but that doesn't mean I still won't hope for Margarita flavored Gleevec...

Hmmm, maybe I should just start taking it with an actual Margarita!

#6 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

Hi John,

I'm thinking Kaluha and milk and once I get tired of drinking milk Kaluha on the rocks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users