• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KerriD

KerriD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

I just got official new from my Onc that I have reached MMR.after only 4 months!!  I'm very excited and relieved but....will it stay this way.  How likely is it to go back the other direction?  Has anyone else on Tasigna had a similar response?

KerriD

#2 tiouki

tiouki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:37 AM

Hello KerriD!

Congrats on your results ! They are amazing !! 

About your questions I am not an expert but it is admitted that once you have reached MMR, CML should not transform into accelerated/blastic phase (or it is very very unlickely) so basically your CML is under a great control thanks to Tasigna.

Now the only things that could happen are :

-a mutation that would make CML resistant to Tasigna (there are very few of them plus you still have other options with sprycel and ponatinib). This would translate in a slowly increasing PCR (slowly I mean weeks/months) and would not be life threatening but would require to adapt your treatment.

-a tough side effect that would make you not to tolerate the drug. As for the first case you have many other options (How well do you tolerate Tasigna?)

You can go celebrate this is very good news

Pierre

#3 KerriD

KerriD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:07 AM

Thanks Pierre!

I tolerate the the tasigna very well.  I had some gastro issues, fatigue and itchy skin in the beginning but that has eased a great deal.

Thank you for the information.  I will be celebrating tonight.

Cheers,

Kerri

#4 Taylor

Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

Hi Kerri,

That's great news!  I am on Tasigna as well and I reached PCRU (CMR) at approximately seven months.  I wasn't PCRU by month six but I think I was MMR.  In any case I hope you're on your way to the big PCRU!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users