• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 NotJack?

NotJack?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

Just joined the "club" officially, was lurking for about two months.  Started Tasigna 8/31/11,  and after countless visits to the site, with many questions, just got a 0% test back.  I just wanted to thank all of you for sharing your stories, and let you know how much I value your kindness and support--even though I was quietly here.  Still dealing with hair loss, bone pain, rashes, etc., but for now -- still playing hockey with my son (although not very well).  I have little to add to this site other than compassion and support,   Trey and others are so very helpful with making sense of the numbers.  I expect to be a little more apparent from now on,  and hope to reassure others, the way that all of you reassured me that there is a way through this.  So thank you again, wish you all good news!  Take care my friends, Jack

Jack

#2 Dina

Dina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

Hi Jack,

I'm so glad that you've joined us here and welcome. It sounds like both of us were diagnosed

around the same time last year, are you taking the Tasigna???

Congratulations on your 0% what a great news, wishing you many many more.........

Dina

#3 NotJack?

NotJack?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:27 PM

Thanks for the welcome and good wishes!  Yup, on Tasigna.  Was $8500 a month, got 4 mo free (thanks Novartis) and after the fourth month I got insurance for the "uninsurable".  MN legislation mandated that insurers cover us at no more that 125% of the regular individual coverage in '97.  They waived the 6 mo. pre-existing wait time that Obama called for but didn't get until '15, and started me this January.  I was one of the fellas that Ron Paul would have let die (my insurance had no coverage for TKI drugs.  It is times like these where politics becomes a little less theory, and a little more real.  Oh well, no hard feelings Ron.  Good luck on your test results Dina! 

Jack

#4 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:18 PM

Hi Jack,

Welcome and congratulations on your 0%. I'm glad you are done lurking and decided to post so now people will be able to offer you support. I'm hoping your side effects will ease up over time and you will be able to continue to enjoy the things you love to do. Hope to hear from you often,

Judy

#5 NotJack?

NotJack?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

Thanks Judy!   Jack

Jack

#6 pamsouth

pamsouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

HI Jack, Thanks for your story.  Each one is different and I learn something new every time a read a post.

I hear you regarding your post >>I got insurance for the "uninsurable".  MN legislation mandated that insurers cover us at no more that 125% of the regular individual coverage in '97.  They waived the 6 mo. pre-existing wait time that Obama called for but didn't get until '15, and started me this January.  I was one of the fellas that Ron Paul<<

I agree politics play a big roll in health care!

I used to try to keep up with up, (but have been slacking off due to some death in the family and my son was recently in the hospital for 88 days, and on life support for 30 days.  He is doing pretty good but still  has the issues)  Back when the presidential debate was on..  I used to go with some friends downtown Indianapolis for the Health Care debate and rallies.   We were always writing to our politicians local and federal and marching with our posters.  Telling our stories and how the health care laws would effect us and our families. 

Welcome

PamSouth

PamSouth

#7 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

Hi Jack,

Great news on the 0%!  Lurking is one of the great aspects of this site, it is acceptable. 

Take Care

Pam

#8 NotJack?

NotJack?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

Hey PamSouth,

Sorry that your son was so sick, glad that he is improving.  Sorry for your loss.  I am afraid that unless there is significant campaign finance reform, and politicians can not be bought - or if they can spend their time fixing things instead of raising $,  the corporations and people with the $ will control the government.  I guess that I am a little cynical.  The politicians are $ driven by necessity in this country, not populist based.  When they are controlled by millions of people instead of millions of dollars better things will happen.  (I do still write and call them, though).  Jack  (I won't blather on about politics anymore, sorry)

Jack

#9 NotJack?

NotJack?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

Thanks Pam,  this site has been a great help for me because of you folks!

Jack

#10 pamsouth

pamsouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:10 PM

Oh dear Jack, I can hear myself getting on the band wagon with you!!  A two party government at war with each other, go figure!  I dare say, even if you believe one of them.  Remember the government is run by Congress and they can't seem to agree on anything except their perks.  Oh dear, see, there I go!!

PamSouth

PamSouth

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users