3 replies to this topic

#1 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:26 PM

When I asked my onc's nurse about pleural effusion, I was told the symptoms were a chronic cough and trouble breathing.  I was just curious what symptoms some of us experienced before you developed it.  Sometimes I wonder if I have it.  My onc hears something in my lungs, but I am doing well on Sprycel.  She wants to leave it for now.  My symptoms come and go. 

Thanks,

Tedsey

#2 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:17 PM

I have had the same results, the symptoms seem to come and go at will, as does the water retention in my hands and feet.  One visit the doctor wants to keep an eye on things and the next there doesn't seem to be anything to watch.  If serious breathing problems develop and as you also mentioned a chronic cough, then I would head for medical opinion, but until then since the Sprycel is working for you, (which is great) there may not be much to worry about.

Pam

#3 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:09 PM

Thanks Pam.  I used to run to the Dr over every little thing until CML.  Now, I just don't want to know.  So far, so good I think.  It just may be ironic that I am developing asthma later in life.  But as the symptoms are mild and come and go, I guess I shouldn't worry needlessly. 

Teds

#4 tazdad08

tazdad08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:14 PM

Hi Tedsy,

I have been on sprycel 100 mg for 3 months now. I haveshortness of breath and chest pains with it. My aches move all over my body, sometimes just a little discomfort, other times thepain stops me in my tracks. I have alredy been sen to 2 heart drs. onedone an ultrasound on my heart, the other donne an ekg. everything is close enough to normal that i can stay on sprycel. Good luck

Diagnosed in September 2011. Tried one year of Sprycel. Had great response. Became undetectable in a few months. Changed to Tasigna hoping for less side effects. Self medicated myself down to 20% dose and held for 3 years before becoming detectable again. It has been a journey that has helped me realize what life is about! I am all about a balanced life. I firmly agree with my decision to lower my dose. What is life if you aren't living? Mine will never be the way it was, but it is going to be as good as I can make it! Drs PRACTICE medicine, we can guide our dr to help us with a better life! Don't settle until it's acceptable to you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users