Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:55 PM
I'd like encourage all those who, like myself, were intolerant of (or failed) only one TKI, as well as those who have experienced problems with two or more TKIs, to contact John Gram (as above and elsewhere). I contacted him and gave my history, and was accepted; this morning I had my interview. "The check is in the mail," as they say. Plus, as also mentioned above and elsewhere, you can say who inspired you to participate and then that person also gets a little $omething in the mail. I had received an email from a lady on another forum, and she will receive something. Happy Holidays, everyone!
Be alert, but not overly concerned.
• Dx Oct. 22, 2008, WBC 459k, in ICU for 2 days + in hospital 1 week
• Leukapheresis for 1 week, to reduce WBC (wasn't given Hydroxyurea)
• Oct. 28, 2008: CML confirmed, start Gleevec 400mg
• Oct. 31, 2008: sent home when WBC reached 121k
• On/off, reduced dose Gleevec for 7 months
• April 2009: Started Sprycel 100mg
• Sept. 2009: PCRU 0.000
• Sept. 2011: after 2 years steady PCRU & taking Sprycel 100mg before bed, quit Sprycel (with permission)
• Currently: still steady PCRU, testing every 6 months 🤗
— Fatigue, hearing loss continue, alas, but I prefer to think it is all getting better!