#1 tiouki

tiouki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:28 AM

Hi everyone,

I post just to share my first results, which are good

I have been diagnosed at the beginning of August. I had had 400k white cells and 6.6 hemoglobin. I had hydroxyurea for 1 months then 3 months sprycel (100mg). My PCR at diagnosis was 65.5% and my FISH 20/20 philadelphie +.

Now it has dropped to 2%! According to my onc these PCR numbers are usually associated with a complete cytogenetic response, approximately. I am still waiting for the caryotype to confirm but I am very happy I just wanted to share
Also I have no side effects which is great. I hope all the newly diagnosed will also have great first results! Sprycel is a very awesome drug.

That's all !

Pierre

#2 mikefromillinois

mikefromillinois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:08 AM

Congratulations Pierre!

#3 scuba

scuba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:35 AM

Pierre - Your results are great.  Keep watch on your blood counts (Neutrophils, Platelets, red blood) to verify stability as you take the drug.

Myelosuppression is fairly common with Sprycel and should it start to happen, you want to talk with your doctor on dose reduction rather than dose interruption.   Just something to be watchful as you celebrate the good news.

Diagnosed 11 May 2011 (100% FiSH, 155% PCR)

with b2a2 BCR-ABL fusion transcript coding for the 210kDa BCR-ABL protein

Sprycel: 20 mg per day - taken at lights out with Quercetin and/or Magnesium Taurate

6-8 grams Curcumin C3 complex.

2015 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

2016 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale) 

March        2017 PCR:     0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

June          2017 PCR:     "undetected"

September 2017 PCR:     "undetected"

#4 tiouki

tiouki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:48 AM

Thanks Mike and Scuba!

About myelosupression I had some during the first weeks, but my platelets didn't drop below 100, white cells 3.9 and hemoglobin 10. The low hemoglobin caused a lot of fatigue which was handled by 2 erythropietin injections. It increased Hb to 14 and now it has stayed around this value which is normal for me. (before LMC I had about 14).

If you have low hemoglobin you should really consider erythropoietin it's harmless and quite effective . My onc told me that myelosuppresion is common at the beginning but is usually a transient effect.

They didn't told me my exact blood counts but apparently they are perfect now (I'll do on count per month from now on).

CML is getting more and more in the background that is really nice (except for he "waiting for results" moments which are quite stressful...).

#5 Dina

Dina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:50 AM

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for sharing your great news,

my first three months PCR is coming this January,

can't wait for the results.

Dina

#6 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:14 PM

Hi Pierre. Congratulations on your great news. Celebrate!!!

Judy

#7 grannyd

grannyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:17 PM

Congrats on the good report!!! Always love to hear of good news!! granny d

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users