Photo

Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation has made changes to their co pay program-it is obvious that they are pushing TASIGNA now?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 helenet

helenet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:33 AM

Changes to the My CML Circle Copay Card program for Ph+ CML patients taking GLEEVEC.

Financial support for newly diagnosed patients with Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic
myeloid leukemia (Ph+ CML) in chronic phase, patients in accelerated phase or blast crisis phase,
or patients in chronic phase after failure of interferon-alpha therapy taking GLEEVEC was going to
expire in 2010, but coverage was extended through 2011 to help make for a smooth transition.
Unfortunately, at this time, copay assistance will no longer be available to patients taking
GLEEVEC if they are not currently enrolled in the program, and no new members will be accepted.

Adult patients taking TASIGNA now have the opportunity
to receive up to $150 per prescription.

We have increased the value for our patients who have been prescribed TASIGNA. If you are
currently taking TASIGNA, check your eligibility and sign up to receive your copay reimbursement.
If you have already been prescribed TASIGNA and are currently enrolled in the
My CML Circle Copay Card program, you will begin to receive up to $150 off your copayment.*

#2 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:20 PM

Does this include patients who have ins. but are getting Gleevec free from Novartis because of the large co-pays?  Will this extend to their other programs? What if you were on Gleevec, are trying something else, for ex. Sprycel, and may have to go back to Gleevec in the future?

Judy

#3 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

Not surprising.  They will soon lose a cash cow in gleevec, so need to build a new patient base on tasigna.  They have to start pushing tasigna as a first line therapy to build that base.  Can't do that by giving away gleevec for free or reduced prices.  At least they are not removing the support for those already in the program and on gleevec.

Traci

#4 LivingWellWithCML

LivingWellWithCML

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:30 PM

I completely agree, Traci.  Can't blame Novartis -- they are a publicly traded company and have to make a profit.  New revenue streams need to be marketed and promoted to replace dying revenue streams.  It's why banks are trying to tack on more consumer fees; their cap on merchant fees for debit cards was lowered, so they are motivated (profit) to replace the lost revenue -- either by cutting costs, adding value to existing products [good luck, banks!], or generating new forms of revenue -- or, all of the above.

Here is a link to a BusinessWeek summary about Novartis that I posted back in the summer:

http://community.lls...e/112451#112451

The key is to have 'definitive science' that proves the increased effectiveness of Tasigna over Gleevec on progression-free survival ... in my mind, that's the golden ticket that will move Tasigna (or Sprycel) to the de-facto first-in-line in hematology.  Is the data collected to-date considered good enough to make this conclusion (Yes/No/Maybe)?  The other factor that will have an impact is the ability for hematolgists to make even-better informed decisions at diagnosis on whether a patient will respond long-term to a lower-cost therapy.  If they have enough information at diagnosis to know that the lowest-cost therapy will be effective for 5+ years, then clearly they will advise the patient based on cost.  Or will they?  Or will they be allowed to?

The irony is that I find this topic of business behavior so interesting, yet here I am as a CML patient who has to rely on a therapy manufactured and sold by Novartis.  Fun fun....

Dan - Atlanta, GA

CML CP Diagnosed March 2011

Gleevec 400mg

#5 Tom_md

Tom_md

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:44 AM

My email says that the Co Pay Card Assistance will be discontinued for all Gleevec patients after December 2011.  They say I can contact PSI when I called the number.

You may have already received notification of the upcoming
changes to the financial assistance options brought to you by
My CML Circle® and Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation.
If not, we wanted to make sure that our patients are aware of the upcoming changes
and remind you of all the financial support currently available to you.
Adult patients taking TASIGNA now have the opportunity
to receive up to $150 per prescription.
We have increased the value for our patients who have been prescribed TASIGNA. If you are
currently taking TASIGNA, check your eligibility and sign up to receive your copay reimbursement.
If you have already been prescribed TASIGNA and are currently enrolled in the
My CML Circle Copay Card program, you will begin to receive up to $150 off your copayment.*
Are you enrolled? If you are currently enrolled in the My CML Circle Copay Card program and receiving copay reimbursement for a GLEEVEC prescription, your benefits will continue through December 31, 2011. After that date, copay reimbursement will no longer be available for any patients taking GLEEVEC.
* Please note, you may not receive the maximum copay assistance for each prescription. The total value of your
  copay card is determined by your specific copay. Copay assistance is based on 1 prescription refill per month.
Changes to the My CML Circle Copay Card program for Ph+ CML patients taking GLEEVEC.
Financial support for newly diagnosed patients with Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic
myeloid leukemia (Ph+ CML) in chronic phase, patients in accelerated phase or blast crisis phase,
or patients in chronic phase after failure of interferon-alpha therapy taking GLEEVEC was going to
expire in 2010, but coverage was extended through 2011 to help make for a smooth transition.
Unfortunately, at this time, copay assistance will no longer be available to patients taking
GLEEVEC if they are not currently enrolled in the program, and no new members will be accepted.
Are you taking GLEEVEC? If you are taking GLEEVEC, explore all of your financial assistance options by calling 1-866-MyCML4U (1-866-692-6548).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users