• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 twin1

twin1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:31 AM

New to the site, but hoping for help here.  Dx Nov 2010, on Gleevec for first 11 months. Many side effects. Started tasigna 150 twice a day. I had a bmb just before starting this and had alot of pain from that, now I have servere pain in my lower left hip that runs down my leg. (almost unbearable) Is this side effect, or did they hit a nerve during last bmb? Also, what can I take for the pain? I have followed the discussions for a long time, your input to those reaching out for answers is wonderful, far better than any input from onc. (they don't have a clue)

Thank You

S

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:02 PM

If the hip and leg pain are on the same side as the BMB,  there could possibly have been a nerve nicked during the BMB.  But this should be rather rare.  It is more likely a peripheral neuropathy as a side effect of the drug.  I use ibuprofen or naproxen for pain.

Here is a previous discussion, and you can search for "neuropathy" and find others.

http://community.lls...age/62936#62936

#3 twin1

twin1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:24 PM

Thank you so much for your reply. I am learning so much from this site, and know that I am not alone on this journey.

S

#4 CMLSurvivor

CMLSurvivor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:18 PM

I had that before myself and it turned out to be my sciatic nerve. The only thing to take was an anti-inflamatory and light exercise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users