Photo

CML? In the Boston area? We're forming a Group!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Ly1je2ma3

Ly1je2ma3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:57 PM

Reference thread, "CML from Boston ma. Tassagna" to see where this idea started.

We're collecting here in Boston area.  If you are close enought and have interest, please respond to this thread and I'll collect a list of & make an email group.

It would be helpful to have some idea where your coming from when picking a destination.  All welcome!  The more the merrier.

Lynda

#2 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:03 PM

Hi Lynda. I'm in!!! I was really anxious last night but just saw my onc. re: problem I am having with Tasigna. He was sooooooooo nice. Everyone should just ignore me when I get discouraged, I'm feeling much better now. I'm going to send you a private email, Skittles taught me how to do  that.

Judy

#3 Skittles

Skittles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:15 PM

Hi Lynda,

Sounds great.  Not sure if I can make it but love the idea.  I live south of Boston.  I will be anxious to see if you can get some to get together and if their significant others want to join in as this is a family thing we all live with.    Skittles

#4 Ly1je2ma3

Ly1je2ma3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

Great!  Maybe we'll grab the attention of others too.

The reason I mentioned collecting cities/towns was so that we can move around accordingly as not to inconvenience the same people every time. 

Hopefully, we can work it out.

We all have our moments, Judy. Some more than others....ask my husband sometime. (chronically stressed)  No need to apologize for feeling frazzled. (spelled right?)

I'm looking at my original post.  Obviously, I need either spelling lessons or spell check to appear 1/2 way intelligent.

#5 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:01 AM

If I can get my dh to watch the kids, I can probably do something.  Timing will be the issue for me. School projects, after school stuff, sports, etc.  Keeps me busy!

Anyway, I'm in Marlborough, out on Rt. 495.

Traci

#6 Ly1je2ma3

Ly1je2ma3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:49 AM

Yeah! 

We'll have to make every effort to work around everyone's location and commitments.  Glad you have interest.  Feel free to email me privately so that I can add you to the Boston CMLr email group and get a rough idea of your schedule.  I'd gladly provide my # if you'd like it as well.  Boston, being so densley populated, there may be quite a few of us.

#7 MACELPatient

MACELPatient

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:46 AM

You can add me to the list.

I'm in Taunton, MA.

I'm not a CML patient but I have a similar Leukemia, CEL w/ the Fip1l1-PDGFRA fusion gene.

#8 Ly1je2ma3

Ly1je2ma3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:20 PM

N  I  C  E !     Glad you changed your mind.  If you would, please email me privately with an email address & phone # (?) so that we're able to communicate as a group.  The phone # is in case of last minute changes in plans or if an emergency should arise the day of an "event".  When I get everyone's info tegether, I'll send an email so everyone's private email address is then shared.  Each can decide who they want to share their #s with but I hope to get everyones, confidentially, for myself.  In the end, anybody can toss out an idea for a gathering of any kind.  Interests, logistics and availablility will vary.  If we grow in #s, groups within the group should form too.  All good.   

Lynda

#9 markmendonca

markmendonca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:35 PM

lady's don't forget me I believe i was the one that wanted  to start this ?  just playing i think lynda u been calling me i am not sure but i will callu back . well the number on my phone anyways . willing to help on a hall to meet for the frist time i live in peabody mass.

#10 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:01 PM

Hi Mark. We would never forget you!!! I'll call during the week to say hi, Lynda is the one getting all the names together. We'll work something out so everyone who wants to be included is. Hope you had a great holiday.

Judy

#11 Ly1je2ma3

Ly1je2ma3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:44 AM

No worries.  It's not going to happen.  Out today...home tomorrow, if you care.

#12 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

Hi Bob. I tried to send you a private email regarding the support group but your inbox was full.  I'll try again later. Thanks.

Judy

#13 Ly1je2ma3

Ly1je2ma3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

ETaunton & Skiddles,

Hello.  If this is my fault, forgive me.  I'm confused (totally overwhelmed) sometimes and blame Gleevec.  (Who admits to demented?)

I sent the Boston CML group an email with 8 members today to share address and didn't include either of you because I don't have (lost?) your information.

Please email me privately if you want to be added.  No pressure.  Just don't want to leave you out.  Thanks

#14 Ly1je2ma3

Ly1je2ma3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

Hi, Need your email & general info. if you want to be added to the CML group.  ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users