• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

I mentioned the chocolate martini I had in another post, figured I would post the recipe here for others who would like to imbibe:

Basic chocolate martini

1 shot Godiva chocolate liquer

1 shot Creme de Cacao (light or dark, doesn't matter)

1 shot vodka

1 shot chocolate fondue (make with melted chocolate chips and half-n-half)

Mix in a shaker vigorously with ice and serve. 

For Bananas Foster recipe:

1 shot Godiva chocolate liquer

1 shot Creme de Cacao (light or dark, doesn't matter)

1 shot vodka

one-half shot banana liquer

1 shot chocolate fondue (make with melted chocolate chips and half-n-half, ca. 1:1)

Mix in a shaker vigorously with ice and serve.

Enjoy!

Okay, had to go get my dd from band practice.  Now I'm back and can continue. Wanted to add that the fondue recipe is more like my best estimate.  The restaurant used their own proprietary fondue, so I had to improvise.  I just throw a couple of handfuls of chocolate chips in the double boiler, melt them, then add half-n-half in portions until the consistency is right.  You don't want it too thick, otherwise it will solidify in the shaker (BTDT).  Make it a little more thin, like a syrup, and not thick like a real fondue.  It shouldn't be able to coat fruit, in other words. Any extra chocolate fondue can be used in your coffee in the morning.  Makes a great cup of Mocha Joe. Message was edited by: Happycat

#2 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:49 PM

I so want one right now!  I think I will make one (or two) the day I receive my latest PCR results--either to drown my sorrows or celebrate!  Just opened a huge bottle of vodka we had sitting for a recipe.  It is just waiting to be mixed into some sort of happy drink.  There is a bar in Chicago (where I live) that puts in a chocolate stick and dark cherry soaked in brandy.  Their chocolate martinis are heaven!

All the best,

Teds

#3 janne

janne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

Teds,

I have been eyeing that recipe also....(have never had one) .and I need an occasion to try one. Or do I ? At any rate, let us know when you receive your PCR results and we will celebrate with you...I know your results will be good ! Thanks Happycat for the contribution ....Janne

Dx'd: 8/2008. Started Gleevec 400 mg 11/08. 

Drug break 2011.

Started Tasigna 4/11 450 mg.

Reduction to 300 mg Tasigna 1/2012.

PCRU 9/2012.

12/2012 Detectable.

PCRU 4/2013 through 3/2015. (Reduced to 150 mg 7/2014)

12/2015  ? slightly detectable at probably less than 0.01% per Mayo Clinic.

4/2016 PCRU. Still at 150 mg Tasigna.

CESSATION: stopped treatment 7/20/2017. 

9/6/2017:  barely detectable at 0.01%. 

12/11/2017: PCR at 0.09% (did not do the monthly PCR testing.) 

12/18/2017: Inevitable call from Onc. Started back on Tasigna at 150 mg. (Considering Sprycel low dose.) 

#4 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:07 PM

Thanks Janne!  Let me know if you and Traci are ever in Chicago.  The chocolate martinis are on me at the Matchbox (so far, the yummiest place to get one here).  Still waiting on pins and needles for the PCR, but tomorrow is Monday.  Maybe it will finally come in.

Oh, and I guess there is no need to have a reason to celebrate.  We are alive and life is good.  These days I find I am celebrating everything and endulging a little more. 

All the best,

Teds

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users