#1 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:13 PM

The Hydrea and Sprycel 140 mg have worked together, a bit too well.  My platelets are now 210,000, I have not taken the Hydrea since Tuesday morning, so they should begin to level out soon.  White count is holding at 4,100, hemoglobin is a bit down, as is magnesium and potassium.

The 'horn' I have been growing on my skull is possibly another bite, not sure what did the biting.  My lymph nodes all over my neck and head are lit up and enlarged with infection?, my guess.  I am to take 1500 mg of antibiotic and I have had the Lyme Disease retest done, just in case.

Outside of the horn, everything is leveling out with the bloodwork, so I am blessed to have response to the meds and hopefully it will continue.

The only sad part is I have to stay away from the wine until antibiotic is done, so Billie, put my glass away, I am a tee-totaler for the next ten days!

#2 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:41 PM

Ha!  Pam, your post about the horn growing out of your head reminds me of when I was in the hospital for 3 months when pg with the twins.  A lovely WART starting growing on the end of my nose, and hear I am stuck in bed and can't move.  They brought in a worthless dermatologist who told me he couldn't help because his laser was attached to the wall in his office and I was stuck in bed. 

So I had my dh bring in compound w and I treated it myself.  All was fine until it FELL OFF and here I was STUCK IN BED WITH IT!!!!  Yuck, yuck, yuck.  I was furiously brushing my sheets trying to get rid of it, but I never did find it.   Bleah!  That was dollop gross.  Hope your horn isn't a wart, tee hee! 

#3 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

I am sorry, I shouldn't have laughed but I did!  All I could picture was you trying to get rid of the offending skin, and you and it shared your bed!

#4 Fas

Fas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

I have to say that I feel less alone knowing that I am not the only one whose body appears to be growing unattractive things on it.  I just had two biopsies and my worthless dermatologist told me it was a sensitivity reaction to something, YOU THINK?  Could not confirm to what, but I did get multiple choices of what it might be.  Anthropod bite, something in the air, environment , or a MEDICATION, plus  a few things I have to look up to see what the heck she was talking about.  Think that for fun, tomorrow I will list the 5 or 6 options on a dart board and which ever one I hit, that will be the cause of my skin eruptions. 

Thanks for helping me laugh a bit - it has been hard lately. 

#5 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:46 PM

Dear Pam,

What are we going to do with you?  Those poor doctors,They probably think you really are a pain in the ass. Who else could get cml,millions of platelets,bit by a tick, and grow horns in 2 weeks? I have a feeling you're not done with them yet!

That sounds like some heavy duty antibiotic. That ought to knock those horns and lumps and bumps into the stratosphere. Unless you have a laptop I would suggest you find a good book to read. You might get the big D from all that antibiotic. Now you do realize infection means your body needs all it's strength to fight it off. So I assume shoveling stones,dirt, and whatever else you like to shovel (ahem) is out of the question. You have got to take it easy for a while. Let your meds work. If you don't I'll call your onc and tell them Gleevac might be a better tki for you. That will slow you down you might get blisters on your butt,but at least you will have to stay in one place (hee hee).I really do feel bad for you especially about the wine! Don't worry I'll always have a glass ready for you. So now that you have bugs on top of everything else,who treats you now the cdc?  I read that if you put duct tape on a wart it will go away. Maybe if you tape all your abnormalities? They might go away faster! If I taped all my abnormalities all you would be able to see would be my nostrils.

Ron took a tick off Annie years ago,right after we treated her with frontline or one of those flea and tick treatments. OMG I just remembered something,I do that occasionally. Not to long after that she got a big wart right on top of her head she looked like a unicorn.And because she is a brown cocker spaniel it really showed up.  After we bought her at 8 weeks, we found out real fast that Cocker Spaniels are prone to ear infections,warts,and blindness,and they are very high maintenence.But they don't shed. I just wish we would have bought pet insurance when we first got her. It seemed so expensive at the time. We don't regret one penny we spent on her because she is just the perfect pet. But yesterday we had to have a bunch of warts removed from her and have her teeth cleaned  and have her ears flushed out this is the third time we have had to get this done,plus she had to have ear surgery one time to enlargen her ear canal because of all the ear infections she has had.

So you better be good or your hubby will start having things removed that you were planning on keeping. You better get that duct tape out. If your son reads this he might get the duct tape out kids don't like it when mommys broke. They have to fix them. And boy are you the perfect candidate!

I'll check in with you tomorrow lol Billie

#6 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:33 PM

Hi Happy Cat,

Your experience cracked me up. Thank God we can make fun of ourselves. It must be rough sleeping with a wart. (whoops boy did that come out wrong) I didn't mean it the way it sounds well sometimes we do get mad at our hubbys and there are worse things we could call them!

If you read my reply to Pam I was telling her all the trouble we have with Annie with dog warts. We have had a bunch removed but they always come back. So this past year I didn't want to put her through surgery again so I was trying all the natural remedys castor oil,vit e,and all kinds of holistic stuff. But I kept coming up with duct tape as a remedy for pets and humans. Well there was no way we could put duct tape all over her. But I remembered something when my son was 5 he got a wart on his wrist pretty good size and it got infected so Doc put him on antibiotic  before he could remove it as the antibiotic worked it shrunk and split in 4 pieces so ! figured in a week or 2 it could be removed. Well he had to go and fall out of a tree and break his arm in a couple places. So they put this cast on him and I told them he had to get that wart removed first. You know er's they said don't worry they could keep an eye on it by x-raying it. Bull they said the only thing that could cause a problem was to get the cast wet. The following week he fell out of a canoe at boyscout camp. I called Doc he said don't worry. Meanwhile I'm thinking about how much of his arm he will lose when they take that cast off. I was ashamed to take him to the docs the day the cast was to come off. It was in shreds, filthy dirty I taped it and glued it and duct taped it, I even tried to paint it it was pathetic. Anyway when dad brought him home all I saw was this clean skinny arm and no wart it was completely gone not even a scar. I don't even want to know where it ended up. But lately I thought about it and they say the lack of oxygen kills the wart. And Johnny was in the cast 6 weeks. But it makes sense. Of course I don't know if I could put duct tape on the tip of my nose for 6 weeks. I think I'd rather sleep with the wart.                        Billie

#7 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:59 PM

Perhaps it is a horn and we can grow one together?

#8 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:06 AM

Billie, I don't think anyone will treat me, I was told I was supposed to have a 15 minute appointment where we discussed the leukemia and what steps to take, mine always surrounds books and reference charts, and phone calls to Pittsburgh to see if everything is getting done.  I was firmly told the next time I go to see them I had better have nothing wrong and the horns, platelets issues, white count lows, and vitamin deficiencies had better be gone!  (I fear after them saying that my body will take over and prove the entire lot of them wrong.  <sigh>  I can't win, my horn will prob break and I will have been hatching some horrible creature or creatures, nice, just what I always wanted to be, a critter host!  YUK

#9 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:53 PM

Pam,

You better stop talking that way or you'll jinx yourself again. Are your horns or anything shrinking yet? It's so nice to have so many new people on our site, but how do we find just one person if we're waiting for an answer? I don't want to ask anybody I don't know if anything is shrinking! I'll get in trouble again.

lol Billie

#10 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:54 PM

Alas the only thing shrinking is my platelets, why oh why can't I just respond like I am supposed to and then stop?  I posted questions from today's blood work,platelets at 66,000, the dreadful pin dot rash, ankles as big as my uppper thighs (that's pretty damn bit) and still growing horns, I need advice for tonights 140mg of Sprycel.  geez, I really am a pain in the ass!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users