6 replies to this topic

#1 nathaliece

nathaliece

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

Hi everyone,

I am approaching the one year mark since my dx and caught what I thought was the flu over the weekend.  My symptoms were head and body aches and some stomach issues but no fever.  This is the first time I have caught anything since my dx.  Well, the flu symptoms are gone but the toothache like pain in my left side lingers.  It is not excruciating like it was at the time of my dx but is too painful to sleep on my left side and does not seem to go away.  My counts have been low but stable and I have achieved MMR.  Has anyone else had this experience?

I admit I am beginning to worry.

Nat

#2 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:11 PM

Doesnt' hurt to get it checked out - you may have just pulled a muscle.

#3 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:57 PM

Dear Nat,

You might have pleurosy I had it twice.And both times I got it I had a virus. It hurts to even breathe. But like Gerry said it doesn't hurt to get it checked out. You might need an antibiotic anyway.            Billie

#4 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:52 AM

Because of where the spleen is located, the rib cage can poke it; and after the spleen took such a long period of abuse, it can be sensitive for quite a while.  There is even a possibility that some part of the spleen suffered some tissue damage due to enlargement because it did not have enough vascular blood supply (sort of like a "spleen attack") and it could take a long time to completely heal.  It is also possible that the spleen continues to over-sequester blood cells (especially platelets) for quite a while, which might cause slight swelling that cannot be felt by an examination.

This article is good for determining if the pain is actually the spleen:

http://www.healthhyp...and-causes.html

#5 nathaliece

nathaliece

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

Thanks everyone.  I called the triage nurse and they  saw me today and sent me to the hospital for a ct scan.  I hope to have answers tomorrow.  I really appreciate your replies.

#6 nathaliece

nathaliece

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:42 PM

I got a call from the oncologist today.  The scan showed diverticulitis ... Nothing to do with cancer.  Boy, am I relieved!

#7 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

Hi nat,

It's something for everyone to remember not everything is CML or TKI related.

I don't have diverticulitis, but have some friends that do - it can be a bit tricky as you have to watch your diet carefully.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users