We need to have a vote I hate to think everyone rejected me!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:09 PM

Hi, Everyone,

I just went through the first 5 pages on this log and clicked on add as a friend on all of them. Now when I go to some of thier names it says awaiting approval and other ones say remove as a friend. Unless they all rejected me. I clicked on cancel and I got sent to some kind of rejection site. Has this happened to anyone else?

I think the lls should give us a right to vote for which program suits all our needs. I'm the first to admit computer ignorance but it said click to be a friend or something like that. So I said yes for everyone. It sounds like a no brainer to me. I don't think I can handle this crap anymore.    Billie

#2 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:41 AM

You got further than I did, Billie. I'm still looking for the magic button that will show me how to "friend" people. Sigh, I hated 'facebook' - it was way too much work!

Pat

ps Your profile shows you have 10 friends. You must be getting through the ether layer somehow.

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#3 reedgirl

reedgirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:59 AM

I'm lost...I have no idea how to use this new site.  I can handle facebook, well, most of the time.  Change is good, but why fix something that isn't broken, or better yet just enhance or improve a little of what was already there.  Not really interested in learning how to navigate a new site, bummer

#4 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:52 PM

Pat,

All I did was put my cursor on the picture on the left side of every bodys response and the picture says add as a friend.

i.e. just put your cursor on your purple flower or my happy face or Treys map and it will come on.        Billie

#5 markmendonca

markmendonca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

this is all new to me to . but hang in there we will get it

#6 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

Thanks, Billie!

After responding to you last night I got a jolt of "this damn thing won't beat me" (sort of how we feel about CML) and figured it out!

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#7 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

Billie,

I don't have any friends......

#8 markmendonca

markmendonca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:18 AM

well u can count me as one of your freinds if u want .  cant spell well but i can talk on the phone if u or anyone would like ..

#9 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:49 PM

Pam,

You have lots of friends we just have to find them! At least you weren't rejected by everyone like me.   Billie

I don't even know what my name is now.

#10 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:54 PM

Dear Mark,

Welcome to our site.And we want you to join us. No problem understanding you at all.  Billie

#11 kgirl

kgirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

Billie, you just flat confused me. This new software gives me fits also, so there ya go.

Kgirl

#12 markmendonca

markmendonca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:00 AM

bill no one is rejecting you  .u need to stop that thinking. were r u from ???? and r u her for someone or for u

#13 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:22 AM

Hi Mark,

Thank you for not rejecting me. I hate this new stuff. I live about 10 miles west of Erie Pa. Along the lake shore. I have had cml for 4 years now. I take Sprycel.

I am doing good. But this new software is driving me nuts. I do not know much about computers.

You are doing real good we all can understand you just fine. So do not be shy.

Tell us about you. How are you doing?  I am very lucky my cancer center is only 8 miles from where I live. And I have a good doctor.  We like to laugh a lot on this site. We will not give in to our illness. But if you or any one else needs us we are here for you. This is your new family.

Welcome Billie

#14 random

random

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:37 AM

Hi Billy,

I haven't rejected you either! In fact I'm glad you are here.

I'm kind of computer expert, so if you have any questions please go ahead and ask me.

I must say I'm not a fan of this new interface either, but things could go worse than that

#15 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:50 AM

Dear kgirl,

My brain has turned to mush. What is a tick on a toolbar and why does GerryL want us to lick it? That is not very sanitary is it?  Pam just got bit by a tick a couple weeks ago now she is growing horns. I love everybody here but I will not lick a tick. Sorry Gerry but I do have my limits!

kgirl put your cursor on your red bug or my smiley face on the left side of our reply or anybody else's symbol hannibellos boat or Gerrys purple flower and click the same picture will come up and it will say add as a friend just click on that.  Then you will get an e-mail saying they accepted you as a friend. Or if they want you to be thier friend you will get an e-mail that says they requested you to be your friend and you just click allow or deny. You don't even have to use that friend feature if you don't want to. I thought we had to do that but after I did it I found out it wasn't necessary. I want to figure out a way to delete all that. They changed my name to roadrunner (dummies) roadrunner is my e-mail server. Grrrrrr!!!! My name is still Billie as far as I know. Good Luck BILLIE

#16 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:42 PM

Billie,

I am going to get you a Xanax and a glass of wine, you might as well drink, I can't for another 9 days.  Your face is looking awfully red and irritated.

Pam

#17 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

Dear Random,

Do you make housecalls? I just got this new computer windows 7 and it's driving me crazy, and I'm learning a lot of bad words trying to figure it out #@%$@!

And why do all my e-mails go to my daughter at work?   And Pam why did you change your picture I'm still trying to figure out what your last one was!

And why am I losing my freaking mind?                        Billie

wine might help!!!!!!

#18 random

random

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:44 PM

Hi Billie,

If you have any specific questions I'll gladly help

Hope you are fine,

R

#19 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

Dear Random,

On the site that tells me everything that is downloaded there is a place where I can turn windows live on or off. I think windows live is why I'm having such a hard time I haven't tried to turn it off I'm afraid what will happen. I had outlook express before and I got by just fine. I had a roadrunner e-mail address but I got all my e-mails through OE. I don't have access to OE with this monster. Roadrunner is so hard for me to figure out.  What exactly do I need windows live for? I have photos but when I send them they don't get through. I don't want or need all these extra features from windows live. I had windows xp 98 and I stumbled through that okay.

My daughter is pretty good with the computer. So after I got this new one she tried to put my picture up on this site that's all. She never went near my e-mail it was a photo that I scanned. Ever since then last May all my e-mail goes to her at work. And because of her job that is supposed to be a very secure site. My husband even spent an extra $200.00 for the kaspersky security system. I had Time Warner before with no problem. Right after I got the new security system someone hacked into my facebook account and told the Singer Susan Boyle I had cml and how much my meds were and asked her for money I was mortified. I tried to unsubscribe from facebook but it wouldn't let me. A few days ago I don't know what happened Lucky said it was spam I was on this site and all of a sudden this long story came on and at the end wanted me to buy turtleskin sunglasses.I've been trying to hide my personal info from this site no can do. I've written so many e-mails to lls no answer. My husband has taken this computer back 3 times they say nothing is wrong with it. I have a copy of the stuff that was on my other hard drive and I can put this back to factory setting. The only thing is I don't want to lose my photographs nothing else important is on that disc. I don't even know how to make a file. I have no access to computer lessons so I have the windows xp and windows 7 books. Which gives me no help with roadrunner. I'm ready to call hewitt packard. This site and an easy to use computer is my therapy and that's what my husband told the salesmen when he bought it. I'm sorry this is so long but as you can see it's not just my ignorance but my complaints are justifiable.!!!!  Thank You Billie  hang in there I'll get you a glass of wine be right back.

#20 random

random

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:52 AM

Billie,

You've mentioned that you're using Windows 7. I'm afraid in this version of Windows you won't have Outlook Express, but you can use Windows Live Mail (download link: http://explore.live....ndows-live-mail).

I know what you mean by having Windows 98 features. I'm afraid things are getting complicated on the software part and there's nothing we can do to control them. So adapt is all you can do.

I've never used roadrunner, but due a fast internet research I've found their e-mail settings: http://www.sc.rr.com...versettings.htm So the next step after installing Windows Live Mail would be to create a new Windows Live Mail account and use those settings.

Not sure what to say about the facebook hacking. Maybe you've clicked on a wrong link and got infected with malware?

Please let me know if I can help you further. Maybe a Skype call would make things easier.

Take care,

R

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users