Whose Brilliant Idea Was This?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:12 AM

To the lls,nra,irs,isp,whoever,

This is our cml discussion board, and there are lls,all, etc discussion boards which were very easy to find. And very comforting for us.Especially those of us who have been through the exact same thing as our members. I've learned that there are several different kinds of leukemia, and they are just about all treated differently, and have different side effects.I have cml and I am older so I'm not computer savvy at all. Cml is a cancer that usually affects older people, but now we have so many younger people getting it it's heartbreaking. And all the other blood cancers are just as terrifying and heartbreaking. But there have been so many advances in cancer research we can actually breath once in a while.

these discussion boards are wonderful and we truly appreciate them. But we have cancer and we're scared and terrified confused and then something shows up in our blood work or we get different symptoms or side effects. Whether it's our babies,or children,mothers,fathers, any loved ones or ourselves. We go to a place where none of you can imagine. And I pray to God you never have to find out.

We are all like different familys now. Where we know each other well enough to be able to comfort one another. That's how we survive this horrible disease. I don't think it's right to expect us all to go to college to figure out how to work this new program of yours. If I have a baby who has cancer and the only site I can find is a cml site. Everybody is so kind and loving and compassionate but they can't comfort me because they have absolutely no knowledge about cancer in babies.Or what I'm going through.That's not enough I want to talk to another mother who is dealing with the same thing. On every one of our discussion sites we have people who have recieved phone calls from their oncologists that some abnormalities showed up in our blood work. Or a loved ones.

So his nurse gives us an appt. for 2 weeks later.To see our doctor. The first thing we do is go to our individual discussion board and post it. Our family immediately responds and tells us about this happening before to them or a loved one or someone on our site which immediately calms us down. If I had to get to my site right now I wouldn't be able to, and if I got there I wouldn't be able to find my family. We have many people right now in panic mode waiting and waiting for some answers from our doctors. They are certainly not in any shape to learn all this. Just before I wrote this post I was going through you're sight and I just happen to run across a small note from a new friend dx less than 2 mos. ago and is having many complications. It wasn't a post it wasn't listed it was there and I felt bad that I missed it. That poor girl has to wait until Friday plus travel to pittsburg to find out if she has 2 kinds of cancer. I know in my heart that she doesn't but we need to hear it from the doctors. I'm asking you to please simplify this new software. I have had cml 4 years now I just found this site last November. I joined right away but everytime I logged in I was rejected.

So I wrote to lls and asked them why I couldn't get in. It took 2 weeks because I didn't know my username I just kept typing my name to get in makes sense to me. They finally got back to me and told me my username was my e-mail address.Well stupid me I thought my name was Billie not Roadrunner.   Sincerely Billie Murawski

#2 WoofWoof

WoofWoof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:55 AM

Billie- very well said and I echo all your comments. None of us need any more complications in our lives. It's not just a matter of getting used to this new format but rather the whole thing sucks out loud!

I have cancer but it doesn't have me

#3 Lizzybee

Lizzybee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:12 PM

Every time I open a thread, it opens at the end of the thread instead of the beginning. So annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 janne

janne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:21 PM

Another instance of something being "fixed" that wasn't broken. I agree wholeheartedly with all your comments Billie.

Dx'd: 8/2008. Started Gleevec 400 mg 11/08. 

Drug break 2011.

Started Tasigna 4/11 450 mg.

Reduction to 300 mg Tasigna 1/2012.

PCRU 9/2012.

12/2012 Detectable.

PCRU 4/2013 through 3/2015. (Reduced to 150 mg 7/2014)

12/2015  ? slightly detectable at probably less than 0.01% per Mayo Clinic.

4/2016 PCRU. Still at 150 mg Tasigna.

CESSATION: stopped treatment 7/20/2017. 

9/6/2017:  barely detectable at 0.01%. 

12/11/2017: PCR at 0.09% (did not do the monthly PCR testing.) 

12/18/2017: Inevitable call from Onc. Started back on Tasigna at 150 mg. (Considering Sprycel low dose.) 

#5 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

Do you people NOT WORK??  I got home (after a hard day at work) to find 40 e-mails showing that you people spent your entire day trying to figure this thing out!!  Now I've got an evening of grading math papers, preparing a Smartboard presentation that I need to give tomorrow to some teachers, make cake pops for a teacher being harrassed by admin, an administrator who has been a real champ helping me deal with insurance issues, all of the people in tomorrow's Smartboard class, and my Smartboard mentees for Thursday's after school smartboard lesson.  I need to get a life outside of work.  Maybe I should join facebook.  Oops. . .I don't think I posted this to the link that gave me the 40 e-mails.  I guess I don't have this danged thing figured out yet. 

#6 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:15 PM

Dear Marnie,

I just poured you a nice big glass of wine. You have got to learn to say no! And stop volunteering all the time. I just went through the first 4 pages and requested to be a friend. Now I assume they all have to contact me and then request to be a friend to everybody else on the board and so on and so on. Oops I just finished your glass of wine. Don't worry I'll get you another one. lol Billie

#7 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:43 PM

Nope. . you didn't drink my wine. . .I certainly took care of that myself.  I'm on my third glass.  Smartboard presentation is finished.  Now working on cake pops.  I still need to send you a picture.  They are pretty cute, and deliciously tasty as well.  Hmmm. . I think I need more wine.

#8 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:06 PM

I thought that was my wine !

#9 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

Pammie, there you are,

I'll go get you a glass of wine too. I accidentally drank Marnies second glass. I just put up another post I'll be right back ladies I have to go get Pam a glass of wine. Much more of this new crap and I'm going to stick a straw in the bottle. And I have cork pieces in my wine and I just bought a new opener. @#$%&#&%

Billie                                                                         

#10 good123

good123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

y-dressed woman came to the door, which opened into a gorgeously-decorated hall. She looked at me with an inquiring eye and disdainful frown, inquired who I was and what I wanted. I confess I was nervous, for the dazzling splendor of the mansion produced in me a feeling of awe rather than admiration. I made known my mission as best I could; the woman said no such person had ever resided there. In that oakley half x sunglasses sale moment of disappointment I felt like casting myself away in despair. The associations of Scorpion Cove, of the house of the Nine Nations, of the Rookery, of Paddy Pie's-or any other den in that desert of death that engulphs the Points, seemed holding out a solace for the melancholy that weighed me down. But when I got back into Broadway my resolution gained strength, and with it I wept over the folly of my thoughts.  Led by curiosity, and the air of comfort pervading the well-furnished room, and the piously-disposed appearance of the persons who passed in and out, I had several times looked in at the house of the 'Foreign Missions,' as we used to call it. A man with a good-natured face used to sit in the chair, and a wise-looking little man in spectacles (the Secretary) used to sit a bit below him, and a dozen or two well-disposed persons of both sexes, with sharp and anxious countenances, used to sit round in a half circle, listening. The wise-looking man in the spectacles would, on motion of some one present, read a long report, which was generally made up of a list of donations and expenditures for getting up a scheme to evangelize the world, and get Mr. Singleton Spyke discount oakley frogskins sunglasses off to Antioch. It seemed to me as if a deal of time and money was expended on Mr. Singleton Spyke, and yet Mr. Spyke never got off to Antioch. When the man of the spectacles got through reading the long paper, and the good-natured man in the chair got through explaining that the heavy amount of twenty-odd thousand dollars had been judiciously expended for the salary of officers of the society, and the getting Brothers Spurn and Witherspoon off to enlighten the heathen, Brother Singleton Spyke's mission would come up. Every one agreed that there ought to be no delay in getting Brother Spyke off to Antioch; but a small deficiency always stood in the way. And Brother Spyke seemed spiked to this deficiency; for notwithstanding Mrs. Slocum, who was reckoned the strongest-minded woman, and best business-man of the society, always made speeches in favor of Brother Spyke and his mission (a special one), he never got off to Antioch.  Feeling forlorn, smarting under disappointment, and undecided where to go after I left the house in Mercer street, I looked in at the house of the 'Foreign Missions.' Mrs. Slocum, as I had many times before seen her, was warmly contesting a question concerning Brother Spyke, with the good-natured man in the chair. It was wrong, she said, so much money should be expended, and Brother Spyke not got off to Antioch. So leaving them debating Mr. Spyke's mission to Antioch, I proceeded back to the house in Mercer street, and inquired for the landlady of the house. The landlady, the woman oakley mens dispatch sunglasses

#11 good123

good123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

y-dressed woman came to the door, which opened into a gorgeously-decorated hall. She looked at me with an inquiring eye and disdainful frown, inquired who I was and what I wanted. I confess I was nervous, for the dazzling splendor of the mansion produced in me a feeling of awe rather than admiration. I made known my mission as best I could; the woman said no such person had ever resided there. In that oakley half x sunglasses sale moment of disappointment I felt like casting myself away in despair. The associations of Scorpion Cove, of the house of the Nine Nations, of the Rookery, of Paddy Pie's-or any other den in that desert of death that engulphs the Points, seemed holding out a solace for the melancholy that weighed me down. But when I got back into Broadway my resolution gained strength, and with it I wept over the folly of my thoughts.  Led by curiosity, and the air of comfort pervading the well-furnished room, and the piously-disposed appearance of the persons who passed in and out, I had several times looked in at the house of the 'Foreign Missions,' as we used to call it. A man with a good-natured face used to sit in the chair, and a wise-looking little man in spectacles (the Secretary) used to sit a bit below him, and a dozen or two well-disposed persons of both sexes, with sharp and anxious countenances, used to sit round in a half circle, listening. The wise-looking man in the spectacles would, on motion of some one present, read a long report, which was generally made up of a list of donations and expenditures for getting up a scheme to evangelize the world, and get Mr. Singleton Spyke discount oakley frogskins sunglasses off to Antioch. It seemed to me as if a deal of time and money was expended on Mr. Singleton Spyke, and yet Mr. Spyke never got off to Antioch. When the man of the spectacles got through reading the long paper, and the good-natured man in the chair got through explaining that the heavy amount of twenty-odd thousand dollars had been judiciously expended for the salary of officers of the society, and the getting Brothers Spurn and Witherspoon off to enlighten the heathen, Brother Singleton Spyke's mission would come up. Every one agreed that there ought to be no delay in getting Brother Spyke off to Antioch; but a small deficiency always stood in the way. And Brother Spyke seemed spiked to this deficiency; for notwithstanding Mrs. Slocum, who was reckoned the strongest-minded woman, and best business-man of the society, always made speeches in favor of Brother Spyke and his mission (a special one), he never got off to Antioch.  Feeling forlorn, smarting under disappointment, and undecided where to go after I left the house in Mercer street, I looked in at the house of the 'Foreign Missions.' Mrs. Slocum, as I had many times before seen her, was warmly contesting a question concerning Brother Spyke, with the good-natured man in the chair. It was wrong, she said, so much money should be expended, and Brother Spyke not got off to Antioch. So leaving them debating Mr. Spyke's mission to Antioch, I proceeded back to the house in Mercer street, and inquired for the landlady of the house. The landlady, the woman oakley mens dispatch sunglasses

#12 good123

good123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

#13 good123

good123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

y-dressed woman came to the door, which opened into a gorgeously-decorated hall. She looked at me with an inquiring eye and disdainful frown, inquired who I was and what I wanted. I confess I was nervous, for the dazzling splendor of the mansion produced in me a feeling of awe rather than admiration. I made known my mission as best I could; the woman said no such person had ever resided there. In that moment of disappointment I felt like casting myself away in despair. The associations of Scorpion Cove, of the house of the Nine Nations, of the Rookery, of Paddy Pie's-or any other den in that desert of death that engulphs the Points, seemed holding out a solace for the melancholy that weighed me down. But when I got back into Broadway my resolution gained strength, and with it I wept over the folly of my thoughts.  Led by curiosity, and the air of comfort pervading the well-furnished room, and the piously-disposed appearance of the persons who passed in and out, I had several times looked in at the house of the 'Foreign Missions,' as we used to call it. A man with a good-natured face used to sit in the chair, and a wise-looking little man in spectacles (the Secretary) used to sit a bit below him, and a dozen or two well-disposed persons of both sexes, with sharp and anxious countenances, used to sit round in a half circle, listening. The wise-looking man in the spectacles would, on motion of some one present, read a long report, which was generally made up of a list of donations and expenditures for getting up a scheme to evangelize the world, and get Mr. Singleton Spyke off to Antioch. It seemed to me as if a deal of time and money was expended on Mr. Singleton Spyke, and yet Mr. Spyke never got off to Antioch. When the man of the spectacles got through reading the long paper, and the good-natured man in the chair got through explaining that the heavy amount of twenty-odd thousand dollars had been judiciously expended for the salary of officers of the society, and the getting Brothers Spurn and Witherspoon off to enlighten the heathen, Brother Singleton Spyke's mission would come up. Every one agreed that there ought to be no delay in getting Brother Spyke off to Antioch; but a small deficiency always stood in the way. And Brother Spyke seemed spiked to this deficiency; for notwithstanding Mrs. Slocum, who was reckoned the strongest-minded woman, and best business-man of the society, always made speeches in favor of Brother Spyke and his mission (a special one), he never got off to Antioch.  Feeling forlorn, smarting under disappointment, and undecided where to go after I left the house in Mercer street, I looked in at the house of the 'Foreign Missions.' Mrs. Slocum, as I had many times before seen her, was warmly contesting a question concerning Brother Spyke, with the good-natured man in the chair. It was wrong, she said, so much money should be expended, and Brother Spyke not got off to Antioch. So leaving them debating Mr. Spyke's mission to Antioch, I proceeded back to the house in Mercer street, and inquired for the landlady of the house. The landlady, the woman.

#14 good123

good123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

y-dressed woman came to the door, which opened into a gorgeously-decorated hall. She looked at me with an inquiring eye and disdainful frown, inquired who I was and what I wanted. I confess I was nervous, for the dazzling splendor of the mansion produced in me a feeling of awe rather than admiration. I made known my mission as best I could; the woman said no such person had ever resided there. In that moment of disappointment I felt like casting myself away in despair. The associations of Scorpion Cove, of the house of the Nine Nations, of the Rookery, of Paddy Pie's-or any other den in that desert of death that engulphs the Points, seemed holding out a solace for the melancholy that weighed me down. But when I got back into Broadway my resolution gained strength, and with it I wept over the folly of my thoughts.  Led by curiosity, and the air of comfort pervading the well-furnished room, and the piously-disposed appearance of the persons who passed in and out, I had several times looked in at the house of the 'Foreign Missions,' as we used to call it. A man with a good-natured face used to sit in the chair, and a wise-looking little man in spectacles (the Secretary) used to sit a bit below him, and a dozen or two well-disposed persons of both sexes, with sharp and anxious countenances, used to sit round in a half circle, listening. The wise-looking man in the spectacles would, on motion of some one present, read a long report, which was generally made up of a list of donations and expenditures for getting up a scheme to evangelize the world, and get Mr. Singleton Spyke off to Antioch. It seemed to me as if a deal of time and money was expended on Mr. Singleton Spyke, and yet Mr. Spyke never got off to Antioch. When the man of the spectacles got through reading the long paper, and the good-natured man in the chair got through explaining that the heavy amount of twenty-odd thousand dollars had been judiciously expended for the salary of officers of the society, and the getting Brothers Spurn and Witherspoon off to enlighten the heathen, Brother Singleton Spyke's mission would come up. Every one agreed that there ought to be no delay in getting Brother Spyke off to Antioch; but a small deficiency always stood in the way. And Brother Spyke seemed spiked to this deficiency; for notwithstanding Mrs. Slocum, who was reckoned the strongest-minded woman, and best business-man of the society, always made speeches in favor of Brother Spyke and his mission (a special one), he never got off to Antioch.  Feeling forlorn, smarting under disappointment, and undecided where to go after I left the house in Mercer street, I looked in at the house of the 'Foreign Missions.' Mrs. Slocum, as I had many times before seen her, was warmly contesting a question concerning Brother Spyke, with the good-natured man in the chair. It was wrong, she said, so much money should be expended, and Brother Spyke not got off to Antioch. So leaving them debating Mr. Spyke's mission to Antioch, I proceeded back to the house in Mercer street, and inquired for the landlady of the house. The landlady, the woman

#15 good123

good123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

#16 good123

good123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

#17 good123

good123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

#18 kgirl

kgirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:35 PM

What the hec....I'm sure this is supposed to be so much better.......WHAT?????

#19 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:06 PM

Pam,

I still can't remember what I won! But I won I won. And You're going to win Friday. I'm probably going to get kicked off this site. When I get riled up though I have to have my say.I've gotten in trouble more than once. I even ended up on cnn in 1986.Those reporters are a pain in the arse. This is a support group not a social network and we don't need any more stress than we already have. Sorry I have to calm down I'm sure I'm driving everyone crazy. The Irish sure does come out in me at times like this.  Did you ever get that stupid painting done? Do what I do buy spray paint. It is very unique when you use 3 colors.One time I remodeled our whole house I even learned to wallpaper, it really looked nice and I was so proud because I did it all myself. 5 years later my house caught on fire. Oh that little black cloud follows me everywhere. Oh well I guess after 5 years it needed a touchup anyway. I still have that new neighbor the skunk. I sure wish he'd move. All I can imagine is me taking Annie out at night and both of us getting Skunked. Of course in Fla they're having a big problem with alligators since Hurricane Charlie.

Captiva island got split in two. So theres not much there anymore. Thats where the rich and famous lived. I just hope I can get released to go Ron's family is down there and he doesn't get to see them much. We're not the rich and famous they just work thier butts off catering to the rich. That's not for me.To work that hard just to live on Sanibel, and his brother is head of maintence at a resort in Ft. Meyers. Spring break is a nightmare oh the stories we hear but I can't put them over the internet!  Dem dare rich brats don't want no publicity, not there folks either,   I'll go refill your glass if I don't make it back I'll catch up with you tommorrow. Good night Marnie wherever you are lol Billie

#20 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:17 PM

What the heck is this? If we buy these sunglasses we can understand this new software better? Huh!

OMG maybe this is thier way of shutting me up!   Never gonna happen!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users