• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dee145

dee145

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:21 AM

I had my 1st BMB done with new onc. this past Tuesday and I was so terrified after last experience with other onc.  He had me take a xanax and oxycodone before I came   He must of gave me 20 shots of numbing agent and then massaged by butt which I thought was odd but he said it makes the numbing agent move around and not stay just in the area where he shot it in at.  Was going to ask him to move up and massage the back too.  I felt 1 tiny bit of pain when he went into the bone but didnt last long at all but later that day and yesterday I could barely walk and still very sore today too and swollen around the hip area some.  All I could picture was a cartoon with all those needle holes that when I was given a drink it would spray out the holes like a sprinkler!!!!!   Glad it's over and done with but I really was numb just now hurt and have trouble walking.

Dee

And I WAS NOT strapped down at all like last time!!!!!

#2 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

Dee,

What can I say, good it went well/sorry you are so sore, and yes, doctor was not trying to get a but rub in, moving the skin around does spread the numbing effect.  I had a pretty good pain going for several days after the first attempt at BMB, but I figured it was because they stuck me three times and did not get results, I was also strapped/tapped down, to the table, that didn't help either, they probably wanted to tape my mouth also.  The second one I had done went much smoother, and even the next day I had less pain.  Even today, a month later my hip is still tender where the three attempts were, but is depends on how I move and what I run into (that is another story).

Funny, you mentined that cartoon character with the poke holes and water running out of them, I said the same thing to person at blood draw this morning, I asked how many times they can poke holes in me without me spraying water when I drank.  She just laughed as she stuck me again, no sympathy at all.

I hope you are feeling better.

Pam

#3 grannyd

grannyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:12 PM

Hope you soon have less pain---like they say---A BMB is a "real pain in the BUTT'---feel better soon!!! granny d

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users