24 replies to this topic

#1 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

I opened up a new bottle of Sprycel last night.  I noticed that one pill was broken (one part smaller than the other, but both parts made a whole, minus some particles, when put together).  At $8000 US a bottle and about $266 per pill, should I contact the drug maker?  Is this a big deal treatment-wise?  Nevertheless, I guess at these prices, I should expect nothing but perfection if they cannot be gold plated.

Tedsey

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

If it were me, I would just swallow the two pieces.  Probably with some chewed up food to prevent tasting it.

#3 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:50 PM

HI, Tedsey. . .the instructions on Sprycel are pretty adamant about not breaking a pill.  Were it me, I THINK that I might contact BMS, though perhaps I'm too lazy to do that.  I'll be curious to know what you decided, so let me know.

Marnie

#4 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

The instructions are about imprecise dosage from breaking them in half, not some harmful effect from the breakage.  The reason I would swallow it is that it is not worth the hassle.  You would probably need to send the whole bottle back.

#5 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

Oh.  If that's all it is, then I'm with Trey. . .too much of a hassle to deal with.  I thought that pills that were o.k. to be split had the splitting line in them.   Why not with Sprycel?  That said, I'm also in agreement about taking it with some food.  I split Gleevec pills, and they were BITTER!!

m

#6 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:42 PM

Hey Tedsey,

Double-dog-dare you to lick the broken spot before taking it.

*For British Protectorates, that is taunting a subject into a path of certain calamity. 

#7 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

YUCK!

#8 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:59 PM

DON'T DO IT TEDSEY!!!  

#9 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:57 PM

Will I turn into a pumpkin?  I'll let you know how it tastes if I have a way to communicate after I metamorphasize into who-knows-what.  When someone double dog dares me...can't help but take the challenge!

Teds  

#10 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

P.S.  I am sort of relieved, because I am really too lazy to get a hold of BMS.  The thought of it was causing me fatigue.

#11 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

I have tasted a broken Gleevec, and it certainly must taste worse than what I would reasonably assume double-dog sharts might taste like.

#12 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

Awfully glad you said 'assume'.

#13 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:22 PM

Hi Tedsey,

Trey said he would take it with some chewed up food to avoid tasting it, but he double dog dares you to lick it? Somethings wrong with this picture!  After raising 2 children (1 son) who put everything he could in his pockets from the day he could walk, dogs,ducks,rabbits, night crawlers in my fridge, never touch smell or taste anything unless you know exactly what it is and Sprycel would be right in that catagory.                   Billie

#14 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

Oh, Good God, Pam.  You just fit right into this group.  I'm not sure that's a compliment.

#15 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

Dear Pam,

I have to warn you never trust these guys when they double dog dare you!    lol Billie

#16 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:31 PM

Marnie,

I started a pool, I bet Pam hits 500,000 tomorrow I forget what the winner gets and the loser has to do! Damn brain fog.       Billie

#17 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:42 AM

All I remember is Trey wasn't permitted to guess because he is too smart.  Brain fog can work in your advantage, if you forget to make dinner, you just say.......wow is it that time already?  I didn't know.  The laundry isn't done?  WOW, am sorry, I forgot all about going to the grocery store, I feel terrible you have to go........  hehe

#18 jrsboo

jrsboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

Dear Tedsey,

I had the same thing happen.  I called the pharmacy (Accredo) and they sent me a single pill to make up for it.  Each one is too expensive for them not to.

Caroline

#19 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

Dear Pam,

You are definitely a quick learner!      lol Billie

Ron just looks at me and says I'm starting to worry about you. Just Now!!!! What about the last Four years!

#20 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:00 PM

Tedsey,

I'd be afraid to call at those prices they would probably tell me to lick the little crumbs in the bottle!   Billie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users