LivingWellWithCML

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:21 PM

Hi everyone,

For any of you who are in the Atlanta, GA area, we have an upcoming CML group meeting where other patients and carers get together to share stories and provide mutual support for those who are living with CML.  These meetings have been really great to attend, since it's a chance to catch up with other CMLers face-to-face.

For any of you who are in the Atlanta metro area, here are the details for the next meeting:

When?

Sunday November 6th -- 2pm

Where?

Panera Bread (Buckhead area)
1544 Piedmont Ave NE

Atlanta, GA 30324

If you have any questions about this event, please feel free to drop me a private message through the LLS board and we can exchange emails.

Thanks everyone!

Dan - Atlanta, GA

CML CP Diagnosed March 2011

Gleevec 400mg

#2 LivingWellWithCML

LivingWellWithCML

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:55 AM

Hi everyone,

Anyone in the Atlanta area?  If so, we're assembling other CML locals on Sunday afternoon to catch up.  I'm really looking forward to meeting up with others in the area who are living with CML ... it helps to brighten my outlook when I see others who are handling treatment so well!

Also, Novartis is holding one of their patient summit events in Atlanta on Saturday morning, so it's a pretty busy weekend here for CML events.

Thanks, and feel free to send me a direct message if you have any questions about this weekend's gathering.

Dan - Atlanta, GA

Gleevec 400mg

#3 bandaid61

bandaid61

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

Hi Dan,

My name is Scott, I live about 90 miles south of Atlanta on I85.  I was diagnosed with cml about a year ago.  I am currently on 400 Gleevec.  I saw your post about the meeting on Sunday.  My wife and I are thinking about attending.  How many people usually attend?

#4 LivingWellWithCML

LivingWellWithCML

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:30 PM

Hey Scott - sounds great.  These group meetings are pretty new, so it's small but very collaborative.  I am 6 months into Gleevec 400, and I would enjoy meeting you all!  Drop me a private message and we can exchange email addresses, and I can give you more details.

Dan - Atlanta, GA

Gleevec 400mg

#5 simone4

simone4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

Dan, I am unable to send a private e-mail because I don't

know which Dan you are on the board. There seems to be

several and I don't want to give someone false promises to

meet them on Sunday if it is the wrong Dan.  That could

devistate them.

Simone

#6 LivingWellWithCML

LivingWellWithCML

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

No problem.   I just dropped you a private message with some details.  Hope to see you there on Sunday!

Dan - Atlanta, GA

Gleevec 400mg

#7 LivingWellWithCML

LivingWellWithCML

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:52 PM

Hi everyone,

We just had a great showing at the "Living Well with CML" patient summit in Atlanta today.  Great content and the expert panelists from Moffitt Cancer Center (Tampa) answered a lot of revelant questions surfaced.  And I have to say that the lunch spread was definitely set up with the audience in mind ... lots of healthy options for us CMLers!

Looking forward to seeing some of the locals at our support gathering on Sunday.

I find it so inspirational to meet others face-to-face who are going through the CML journey.  So many smiles and healthy folks at the event -- thanks to everyone who attended!

Dan - Atlanta, GA

Gleevec 400mg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users