2 replies to this topic

#1 Txmom.4

Txmom.4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:09 PM

Hello to all,

Another question.  I have now been on sprycel for 8 days, yesterday I ran a fever 102, called the md on call, went to the "intake room", where nurses on the oncology floor can start iv's, draw labs, etc so the pt doesn't have to go to the ER and get exposed to goodness knows what.  The fever broke, they did blood work including a CBC, CMP (chemistry) and urine test.  Urine was negative, chemistry fine, a little dehydrated, the CBC showed my WBC count went from 79 down to 22 (I'm amazed).  Anyway, now having chills and fever 100.4, have had low grade all weekend, except when spiked to 102 yesterday.  Could it be I have fever because of the rapid decline in WBC's (how my body responding?), just the sprycel? I know fever is one side effect.  I would love any opinions, looking at Trey's blog after I post this.

#2 mikefromillinois

mikefromillinois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

Hi Txmom,

I've been on Sprycel for 2 months.  During the first month (when my white count was still kind of high) I was running 99-100 which was pretty warm for me as my pre-diagnosis "normal" was 97.3 to 97.8.  Now for the past month my temp has been running from 97.5 to 99 with a lot of fluctuation.  I liken it to hot flashes where I will feel very warm and within a few minutes I feel normal.  Not sure what it all means but for the past month I haven't had a "fever" so I'm not too worried about it (anymore).  My temps tend to run warmer in the evenings - when I drink less water - so hydration might be a factor.  Hope the situation stabilizes for you.  Stay well...  Mike

#3 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:29 PM

Dear Txmom,

I'm on Sprycel now and I haven't had a problem with fevers, but when I was on Gleevac for over 3 years once or twice a month I would get a temp of 102 or a bit more. I'd stay in bed all day and the next day I'd be fine. Onc said call him if it hit's 103. I never ran fevers before cml just another wierd side effect I guess. But make sure your onc knows about it. Billie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users