6 replies to this topic

#1 Dina

Dina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:32 PM

Hi everyone,

Today is exactly one month that I have started taking Tasigna.

I don't have any major side effects, only some mild dry skin and a little fatigue, I'm so thankfull for that.

I really want to know your story if and when did you experience any side effects with Tasigna.

Thank You!

#2 Lizzybee

Lizzybee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:38 PM

I've been on Tasigna 3 months.

I had some nausea the first couple days on Tasigna.

Then I started having a slight rash - like little white bumps. Sometimes, it's just on my forearms; other times, it's all over, including my face.

I have very dry hair and my scalp itches. Scratching doesn't make it stop itching.

I had about 10 days of moderate to severe upper abdominal pain beginning 9/28.  I had an ultrasound and bloodwork re: liver and kidney function, and it all came back normal.  The pain was waking me up at night, so I was relieved that it went away when it did.

I think that's about it.

#3 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

Lizzybee,

One of the side effects of tasigna can be pancreatitus. Probably not what you had but keep it in the back of your mind should the upper abdominal pain happen again.

Good health!

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#4 Lizzybee

Lizzybee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

Hi Pat,

That's one of the things they were checking for with the ultrasound. The sonographer seemed to spend quite a bit of time on my gall bladder, so I was a little concerned she saw something abnormal there. It was quite a relief that it came back normal.

:-)

Elizabeth

#5 Dina

Dina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:20 AM

Hi Elizabeth,

Did you have another BMB in the last 4 months?

Hows tasigna working for you?

#6 Lizzybee

Lizzybee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

Dina,  I've only had one BMB, on the day I was diagnosed.  I have my first pcr test coming up - blood draws on Friday, appt to discuss results on Nov 10.  Hopefully, we'll find that Tasigna is working great!

#7 Dina

Dina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:14 PM

Yes let's hope for the best.

Would love to know the results when you get them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users